|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Crowd article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article was nominated for deletion on 11 April 2018. The result of the discussion was keep.|
|This article has been viewed enough times in a single week to appear in the Top 25 Report. The week in which this happened: |
|WikiProject Sociology||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I'm a student in Nancy Darling's Adolescent Development Seminar at Oberlin College. I'm writing an article on crowds in adolescent peer groups. I may delete the bit here, incorporate bits of it into my article, and just add that as another meaning in the disambiguation page. Would anyone have any strong objections to that? Halbereth (talk)
01:21, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Move to Wiktionary Kevyn 09:34, 9 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- I've added few usages for a disambig page. Jay 12:15, 9 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- Comment: Unsure. It's now more than a dicdef, but it's not really a disambig, it's a bit each way and still perhaps a substub. A good stub needs to say what is being described and why it is encyclopedic. A disambig needs to link to more than one article which people would reasonably expect to find under the page name. I'm not sure this can ever be made either of those. No vote yet. Andrewa 23:13, 9 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- Sorry Jay, but that's not a disambig. It's a page that points to various articles containing the word "crowd". The movie is the only one that would really belong in a disambig named "Crowd", and I can't think of any others that would belong here. As for the original part, it looks like a copyvio. Delete. Tualha 02:10, 10 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- On the other hand, if someone can write up a decent stub dealing with the basics of crowd psychology and the phenomena of crowd surfing and flash mobs, then we can keep the page. Jay 11:59, 10 Jul 2004 (UTC)
What about the crowd, an old Welsh instrument? The Jade Knight 06:21, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- An article for uk.wikipedia.org?— Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 09:18, 22 September 2012
- It's linked at Crowd (disambiguation). --McGeddon (talk) 17:33, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
Propose to merge Angry mob to Crowd, basically this is where it belongs. No reason to have a separate article sizewise per WP:SPLIT, and Angry mob has been POV-tagged since May 2012. Brandmeistertalk 17:54, 22 December 2016 (UTC)