|WikiProject Pokémon||(Rated Redirect-class)|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Redirect-class)|
|Jirachi was a good article, but it was removed from the list as it no longer met the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. If you can improve it, please do; it may then be renominated.|
Review: July 14, 2007.
An unregistered user just added this comment today
When Moon Stone is used with Jirachi in the not yet distributed Pokemon 'Diamond', Jirachi will evolve into Runarachi, a psychic type.
Can anyone confirm this peice of info, or is it entirely made up? The only "Pokémon Diamond" I heard of was a cheap chinese game that had absolutely nothing to do with Pokémon, but just added the word "Pokémon" to the title to increase sales.
--Fern 12:45, 1 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- I think it is extremely likely this piece of information is entirely made up. Even though Pokémon Diamond will indeed be released as a game in the near future, the name has long been used in various rumours and hoaxes since it sounds plausible, fitting with the Pokémon game naming convention. No Legendary Pokémon introduced so far can evolve, and the name "Runarachi" seems to me to be trying a little too hard to show the alleged Moon Stone connection. Sinistro 18:30, 17 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah... it's crap. The only Pokémon known so far for Diamond and Pearl are Munchlax, Bonsly, Lucario, Manene, and Manyula. Also, keep in mind that no Legendary Pokémon have EVER evolved. MasterXiam 00:49, 15 November 2005 (UTC)
=Theres a rumour
I don't know whether to add this in the article or not. Many websites claim that Jirachi will be obtained on a space mission from the space center in Mossdeep if the man says that its the 100th successful launch or not. I have no evidential footage of my friends doing this, but they claim that its that they got a Jirachi doing this and they have a Jirachi. Anyone know anything about it? --XenoNeon 20:26, 20 December 2005 (UTC)
Dear god, don't tell me this rumour is STILL floating around...in the four years R/S has been out, wouldn't you think that we would've found a way to catch it if rumours like this were true? Blue Mirage 09:12, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
It's not true. Also that that rumour about mew being under that truck in red/blue/yellow is a fluke too
It's not a fluke in the japanese version, and if you try it on the american version the truck is there, but you cannot do anything with it. 12hernn 07:05, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
There's a video on Youtube that disproves it. Look up "Jirachi Rocket". The only one that shows up proves that the 59th is false, and a response to it disproves it happening on the 100th time. ~Crowstar~ 19:20, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
Im up to launch 284 and no such thing has happend --Mhart54com 15:09, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
It's true... (Not true!)
[me] It's true that when the man in white, in Mossdeep's Space Center, says "Rocket lunching 59 (or) 99 was a success!". When he says 99 you can come along on the next space ship and catch Jirachi. I don't know what happens when he says 59, but there are rumors about cathing Deoxys when he does... [end/me]
What the hell is this ._. Blue Mirage 09:09, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
What do you mean with that!? I have seen a little movie taken by a digitalcamera when doing this!
I'd like to see that. PUT IT UP. 12hernn 07:07, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
Bullshit. That's not true. Hello2112 19:20, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
[me] In my game the man in white are saying "Rocket lunching 58 was a success!".
After every week the number increase and in a week he will say 59. I will record it with my digitalcamera if something happens and put it out on Youtube.com.
I will give you the link in a week if this is thrue.
Hello2112: What's the meaning of an increasing number of launched rockets then? [end/me]
- If any of this was true, Nintendo would not have gone through the trouble of including Jirachi on a bonus disc. It is false, and videos can be faked. Like the one I saw that has Mew evolving into Mewtwo. -SaturnYoshi 14:20, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
[me] Here's the video, not fake, and ok: It wasn't true! -_-' [end/me]
Russian name origin
I removed the following claim: 'In Russian, this word is pronounced "Jeh-yi-lah-tshi", much like "Jirachi".', where the word in question is желать zhelat'. In Russian, this is pronounced 'je-LAHT', definitely only two syllables. Perhaps "Jeh-yi-lah-tshi" is how some Japanese people pronounce the Russian word?
The 7 Days in Pokedex
I saw on the Psypoke site the FRLG Pokedex description of Jiriachi is "It is said to make any wish come true. It is awake for only seven days out of a thousand years." So apparently, it is not just in the anime that this is the case.
- Thing is, unlike the anime, the Jirachi you can get in the game isn't affected by that rule, so that's why the article was written like that. It's just a piece of lore within the Pokedex that doesn't apply to the gameplay. Erik the Appreciator 21:37, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
Relation to Palkia
Excuse me, but I noticed that in the Celebi page it says that Dialga might have created Celebi which would explain its time travel ability, and if this is so shouldnt it be noted that Jirachi might have a connection to Palkia since Palkia is the creator of space and Jirachi is the container of immense cosmic power? Xer 17:28, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
- That's just stupid speculation people keep adding. And Palkia relates to space, not outer space.—ウルタプ 23:09, 2 April 2007 (UTC)